BADRAG Beers @ BBF 2020
With thanks to Bridget Andrews for compiling
- Atlantic - Blue (4.8%, Porter) An organic rich dark ale that blends light smokiness with a smooth chocolate and coffee palate.
- Bingham - Hot Dog Chilli Stout (5%, Stout) Based on their normal Doodle Stout – which uses a blend of dark malts to provide a complex character – this version is brewed with a hint of chilli to provide a warm glow on the aftertaste.
- Black Tor - Dark Mild (3.7%, Mild) Light, balanced and sweet; full of roasted flavours with hints of coffee, chocolate, and summer fruits.
- Cornish Crown - Porter (5.2%, Porter) Brewed with Madagascan vanilla, this dark porter has a roast malt aroma and flavours of creamy bitter chocolate, liquorice, plum and black cherry, laced with cream, finishing with a burnt toffee aftertaste.
- Country Life - Country Bumpkin (6%, Old Ale) A dark chestnut coloured ale using Marris Otter and Chocolate malt, with a Challenger hop. Bumpkin is a traditional strong old English ale, though not as sweet as many other strong ales.
- Davenports - Old Ale (5.3%, Old Ale) This dark beer will light up any dark winter night. Aromas of chocolate and fruit lead to flavours of chocolate, fruit and liquorice.
- Driftwood Spars - Bolster's Blood (5%, Porter) Rich dark porter with strong roast flavours and filled with spicy and fruity hops.
- Elland - 1872 Porter (6.5%, Porter) A rich, complex, dark ruby porter from an 1872 recipe. It has an old port nose, coffee and bitter chocolate flavours from four malts. 2013 CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain. Unfined, unfiltered, unpasteurised.
- Fownes - King Korvak's Saga (5.4%, Porter) The complex chocolate, roast and coffee flavours are suitably balanced by its bitterness and subtle earthy hop flavours.
- Good Chemistry - Becoming North (6%, Porter) A Baltic porter with a chocolately toasty flavour. Brewed with lager yeast
- Green Jack - Baltic Trader (10.5%, Stout) An extra strong export stout brewed with molasses and three roasted malts, giving fruity flavours with hints of vanilla and roasted coffee, It's like a rich plum pudding in a glass!
- Green Jack - Red Herring (5%, Old Ale - Smoked) A rich, fruity red ale, brewed with Oak and Beech smoked malts, giving the beer its subtle smokey flavour and dry smokey finish. Red Herring is brewed with inspiration from German 'rauch' beers.
- Green Jack - Ripper (8.5%, Barley Wine) Inspired by Belgian tripel ales and dangerously drinkable. Rich amber in colour. Ripper is sweet and fruity with a robust hop character and a warming finish.
- Hanlon's - Port Stout (4.8%, Stout) Dark, chestnut beer whose bitter chocolate and roast malt taste from the large dose of roast barley added is softened by the addition of rich Ruby Port, combining the hoppy pepperiness from Phoenix and Bobek with vinous alcoholic fruitiness.
- Kettlesmith - Stone Angel Gruit (5.3%, Gruit) A medieval 'Gruit' ale containing a wide variety of herbs and spices including honey, yarrow, broom, heather, dandelion, rosemary, coriander, liquorice & orange zest. This carefully balanced amber ale is highly drinkable with a unique flavour profile.
- Loch Ness - Wilder Ness (5.1%, Brown Ale) A deep, dark ale with Wheat, Amber & Chocolate Malts. Toasted malt & berry aromas which give way to full fruit flavours & a bittersweet aftertaste.
- New Bristol Brewery - Super Delux Stout (7%, Stout) Strong stout enhanced with cold pressed coffee, vanilla pods and East Kent Goldings
- Plain Ales - Inndulgence (5.2%, Porter) A dark-ruby porter with hot chocolate and toffee notes and berries and dark warming coffee flavours.
- Roam - Tavy Porter (5.2%, Porter) A smooth dark beer with a rich chocolate flavour, balanced well with a bittersweet finish. the accolades speak for themselves, this is a top notch example of a traditional porter.
- Sarah Hughes - Mild (6%, Mild) A dark ruby strong ale with a good balance of fruit and hops, leading to a pleasant, lingering hops and malt finish.
- Wickwar - Station Porter (6.1%, Porter) Our multi-award winning Premium Ebony Ale. The aromas of roasted malt, coffee, chocolate and rich fruits are produced from a subtle blend of 3 malts and Fuggle hops. Our pure Cotswold water and unique yeast combine to give a smooth warming roast finish.
- Bristol Beer Factory - Espresso Martini (4.5%, Stout) This is a special coffee milk stout, brewed with coffee beans to create a stout of sweet lactosey smoothness with coffee overtones and a kick of bitterness.
- Dawkins - Foresters Black Caramel (Special edition) (4.8%, Stout) Caramel-laced version of the multiple award-winning favourite Foresters Black smoked oat milk stout. Full-flavoured. Deep rich red fruits, coffee, spices, with a lingering smoky finish from the speciality smoked malt.
- Good Chemistry - Storms Pass (4.3%, Brown ale) A smooth sessionable brown ale made with English hops and malt. Inspired by historic recipes and perfect for chilly nights in your favourite pub – or beer festival. Has a natural haze.
- Great Western Brewery (GWB) - Black Strap (7.0%, Belgian Dubbel) A rich and delicious Belgian Dubbel, bursting with dark roasted malts. Copious amounts of molasses sugar put in an almost brandy-like taste leaving a full-bodied and balanced ale.
- Incredible - Nettle Beer (4.0%, Speciality) Fresh young nettle tops bring an earthy spiciness with a floral finish.
- King Street Brew House - Got Milk Espresso Edition (4.4%, Stout) Milk stout brewed with six different malts and coffee.
- Left Handed Giant - Wood, Sugar & Smoke (9.0%, Stout) Imperial stout brewed with smoked malt and wood chips.
- Little Giant - FUM (5.0%, Stout) Deep roasted malt aroma, complex yet deeply satisfying flavours combine rich chocolate and coffee with treacle and dark fruit before a slightly sweet roasty finish that lingers in the aftertaste.
- New Bristol Brewery - Big Cinder Toffee Stout (6.5%, Stout) The Imperial version of the award-winning Cinder Toffee Stout. Described as liquidised Crunchie Bars in a stout, this is a beautifully smooth, jet black stout with delicious blow-torched honeycomb added to the mix.
- Twisted Oak - Ghost Town (5.7%, Stout) A smooth and robust milk stout, with hints of dark chocolate, toast and coffee. Crafted with Madagascan vanilla pods.
Also of Interest
- Dartmoor - Dragon's Breath (4.4%, Bitter) Flavoured with black treacle, Dragon’s Breath is a unique winter warmer beer that was launched in the snows of December 2010. Deep ruby-brown coloured, rich and full-bodied with a delicious aftertaste of morello cherries.
- Fownes - Kvit ov the Whyte Crow (4.4%, Pale Ale) The malt gives the appearance of a traditional pale ale, a deep amber, while combining with the coffee beans, cocoa nibs and hops to give all the roast chocolate flavour of a mocha with the body of a stout.
- Potton Brewery - Widdershins Dark Bitter (4%, Bitter) This is an unexpected and distinctly contrary beer. A dark body of deep malt and bitter chocolate leads into late notes of oak and blackberry.